Friday, May 13, 2016

52 Ancestors Friday

I picked up this idea from Randy Seaver and his blog, Geneamusings (www.Geneamusings.com). He said that he got the idea from Amy Johnson Crow, who suggested it as a weekly blog theme.
Sounds good to me!

Randy said: “Doing this should help me add content and standardize content in my genealogy database….”  I agree.  I don’t use the same database program as Randy, but I can see the benefit of looking at what I have done before, updating it with information that is now available online, and cleaning up and adding citations.  If I can figure out how, I will create an Ancestor Biographies Page for this blog and add each of them to that page.  I also seem to get lots of questions from nieces, nephews, etc., so these pages will make it easier for others to find the information, and I won’t have to dig it out anew every time.

So, where should I start?  I decided to start with my grandparents, and do them in ancestor name list order.  I only knew one grandparent, so I will be learning new things about them in the process.  Next Friday will be my first Ancestor Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment