Saturday, April 23, 2016

Viles Name Study - Progress and Spreadsheets

I feel good today.  We had a great day out being committee boat for our local sailing club, so it is hard to get back to working on my genealogy project.

Then, I created a couple of spreadsheets for the Viles family.  I created a spreadsheet for the 1850 US Census and got about 1/4 of the Viles entered onto the spreadsheet.  I need to think carefully when I set up a spreadsheet to make sure that I am capturing everything and also making the spreadsheets compatible with each other.

Although my Research Plan sets out what I SHOULD be doing, I got sidetracked and didn't complete the 1850 data collection. I decided to see what Missouri and Washington had online.  I created another spreadsheet for Viles who died in Missouri between 1910 and 1965 and another for Viles who died in Washington between 1907 and 2000. So, I have my work cut out for me.  First, I need to complete the 1850 US Census data collection, then it will be time to start adding the info to WikiTree.

No comments:

Post a Comment