Friday, April 29, 2016

Viles Name Study - 1850 US Census

After working for a week, I finally got all 264 Viles name entries on the 1850 US Census into a spreadsheet.  As I had thought, I did get distracted, and at times I was bored and had to break off to do something else, but I got it done. Knowing that I had assigned a high priority to this task made me keep working.

The hardest part was designing the spreadsheet.  I tried to include columns in the design for information that isn't on that Census.  The reason was that I may want to be able to combine different spreadsheets.  I won't know if that will be helpful until I start to analyze the information.

Most importantly, I did include both a reference number column that will be specific to the 1850 US Census, and a column for the WikiTree ID. I hope that will allow me to combine information for the same person from different spreadsheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment